Sunlight is a combination of visible light and invisible light. The seven colors of the rainbow are visible lights, and infrared rays and ultraviolet rays are invisible lights. Infrared rays are one of the sun’s rays. Infrared rays are the healthiest, penetrate into your skin deeply and they dissolve harmful substances accumulated in your body. The Infrared Rays vitalize your cells and metabolism.
Far infrared waves penetrate deep into our body for a deep heating action which allows for the body to activate the sweat glands. The sweat glands offer one of only a few mechanisms that the body has to eliminate toxins and since the skin is the largest organ in the human body it is apparently a very good means for elimination.
The efficacy of far infrared waves is very broad and the subject of recent study by NASA. Among the infrared waves, the far infrared rays, which have a wavelength of 8-14 microns, are especially good for the human body. These waves have the potential to penetrate 1.5 to 2 inches or more into the body allowing for deep heat and raising your core body temperature from deep inside. The deep heat and far infrared is why scholars believe that the Ondol (traditional warm floor of Korea) is good for health because the materials for the Ondol are stone and earth both of which radiate far infrared waves when heated.
The far infrared rays consist of similar wavelengths as that which is emitted naturally by the human body. This is one potential explanation of why many feel energetically rejuvenated and balanced from contact with far infrared waves. It is also believed that far infrared waves help improve blood circulation and recovery from fatigue.
Our sauna uses Far Infrared energy to penetrate the body’s tissue. Tests have shown that the energy output is tuned so closely to the body’s own radiant energy that our bodies absorb as much as 93% of the far infrared waves that reach our skin.
By comparison, conventional saunas must rely only on indirect means of heat: first, on convection (air currents) and then, conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce its heating effect.
nfrared heaters warm the body in the same manner as natural sunlight. Far Infrared Heat therapy uses the wavelength of the visible and non-visible light spectrum of sunlight that heats the body normally. Traditional saunas raise the temperature of the air to a very high level within the chamber to warm the body. Some people have difficulty breathing in this extremely warm air. Far infrared saunas work differently. Instead of heating the air within the enclosure, far infrared saunas heat the body directly. The result is deeper tissue penetration. In the far infrared sauna, the body perspires and receives all of the healthy benefits but avoids the harmful and extremely hot air of a traditional steam sauna.
Medical Studies and Articles
- Kaiser Permenante Article On The Health Benefits Of Saunas
- Detoxification Through the Skin by Mark Sircus Ac., OMD March 6th, 2005
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology study on repeated far infrared sauna treatments.
- Circulation Journal December 2004 study on infrared sauna use in patients with chronic heart failure. (PDF)
- Saunas Improve Results for Heart Patients by author Patricia Palmer
- Repeated thermal therapy improves impaired vascular endothelial function in patients with coronary risk factors by Imamura M, Biro S, Kihara T, Yoshifuku S, Takasaki K, Otsuji Y, Minagoe S, Toyama Y, Tei C. October, 2001
- Repeated sauna therapy reduces urinary 8-epi-prostaglandin F(2alpha) Masuda A, Miyata M, Kihara T, Minagoe S, Tei C. Department of Cardiology, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan March, 2004
- Heat in the treatment of patients with anorexia nervosa by Gutierrez E, Vazquez R. March 2001
- The Effects of Repeated Thermal Therapy for Patients with Chronic Pain by Akinori Masuda, Yasuyuki Koga, Masato Hattanmaru, Shinichi Minagoe, Chuwa Tei 2005
- The effects of repeated thermal therapy for two patients with chronic fatigue syndrome. by Masuda A, Kihara T, Fukudome T, Shinsato T, Minagoe S, Tei C. April 2005
- Thermal Therapy Benefits Depressed Patients 2005
- Clinical Implications of Thermal Therapy in Lifestyle-Related Diseases by Sadatoshi Biro, Akinori Masuda, Takashi Kihara and Chuwa Tei 2003. Obesity And Diabetes: Pathophysiological Mechanisms And Therapeutic Approaches.
- Repeated Thermal Therapy Diminishes Appetite Loss and Subjective Complaints in Mildly Depressed Patients by Akinori Masuda, MD, PhD, Masamitsu Nakazato, MD, PhD, Takashi Kihara, MD, PhD, Shinichi Minagoe, MD, PhD and Chuwa Tei, MD, PhD 2005. From the Psychosomatic Medicine, Respiratory and Stress Care Center, Kagoshima University Hospital, Kagoshima, Japan (A.M.); the Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Miyazaki University, Miyazaki, Japan (M.N.); and Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan (T.K., S.M., C.T.).
- Sitting in sauna may prevent cancer. Dr. Jason Allen.
- View the video clip from KTVB – click here.
- Is Your Family Toxic? By James Ferguson. Published in the London Daily Mail May 22, 2007. Extracted from The Vitamin Murders: Who Killed Healthy Eating in Britain, by James Ferguson, published by Atlantic Books
- Bringing Devon back… A Family’s Crusade October 24, 2004. A couple says mercury agent in vaccines caused son’s autism
- Toxins are all around us… in the air, drinking water, etc. Read a recent Washingon Post article about the toxins in our driking water
Body Breakthru™ by Lauren Borden, is a holistic method that takes elements of many disciplines including Pilates, Structural Integration, Thai-Yoga Massage and nutrition to help clients reach their highest potential. By using this combination the impact of daily life on your body/mind can be reversed. This program aims to stimulate the glands and lymph system increasing metabolism, detoxification, elimination and circulation. While the immediate results are physical, the Method also leads to a better understanding of the body’s stress response, leading to increased self-awareness and decreased stress.
Please call for more information on this program.
Our highly trained Nutrition experts can evaluate your individual needs and create a lifestyle eating program that works for you. Workshops will also be offered throughout the year.